Tsunami SUT Ultra

Friday, February 17, 2012

Some new things, some exciting things! 02/17/2012

I finished the first Tsunami Floyd Rose guitar a few days ago.  It featured a Zebrawood front, Black Limba back, Old Growth Tennessee Dark Walnut pickguard, and maple neck with rosewood fretboard.  The pickups were Seymour Duncan style, humbuckers, salt/pepper, four wire, rated at 10Kohms at the neck, and 14K0hms at the bridge.  The Floyd was black, along with the nut and tuners.  It floated wonderfully, holding tune nicely.  I strung it up with Dunlop .010's, and three springs in the back cavity.  The cover for the back cavity was made of the same Dark Walnut as the pickguard.  Overall, it was just a beautiful guitar, and the owner loved it. The nitro lacquer hand rubbed to a nice, mirror shine.

The day before, Vintage Guitar Price Guide asked me if I would like to have an inclusion into the 2013 Vintage Guitar Price Guide.  They asked a lot of questions, and also for pictures.  I was happy to send all this along!  Although my guitars can hardly be called "vintage", just getting asked to be in the publication is a wonderful thing, and more growth for Tsunami Guitars.  You don't get breaks like that everyday.

Sometimes I am just amazed at the way this has taken off.  We'll be erecting a formal company this quarter, as sales demand that I now have to become a Sole Proprietor or LLC.  Under the laws of my state, I no longer can do this as additional income, it has to become a free standing business, even though I am still part-time.  Meet with the lawyer in a couple days.  But that is a good thing, since now I will be able to open even more doors and gain access to more of the industry.  It's amazing how it all works.  When you have a product that people want, you will do well, as long as you keep the Voice of the Customer in mind.  So important to listen to your customers.  I sometimes run across people who think they know better than their customers.  Maybe my doctors, but it probably stops there!  I also have watched more than a few of these folks suffer and even go under.  The Customer is everything!

People, (customers), have constantly pushed me further and further into making more and more difficult guitars as time has gone by.  I look at Number One, which hangs in my basement studio, and I am glad that I kept it because it is number one, and glad I kept it because I am so much better now.  I would have to completely rebuild that guitar should I ever sell it.  That will not happen, but the quality of that unit is limited to the wonderful sound and sustain, and the cosmetics and quality are not too hot. Boy, have things changed...noise shielding systems, inlaid pickguards, neck chrome bolt washers vs. plates, higher quality wire, capacitors, details down the the thousandths of an inch.  It all adds up to better quality, easier to play, and overall, just a better looking instrument. 

In this world of beautiful instruments and wonderful sound, you must provide the whole package. 
So I listen to what my customers want...and if I cannot provide it, I offer some options, but if they are not willing, I don't push it.  You cannot please everybody.  That is why there are so many choices out there.  We all want to be number one in providing what people want, but that can never happen.  There are also many minds, different thoughts, beliefs, and wishes, and no one product or instrument company can satisfy all.

Well, it's about time to go down and work in the shop.  I have two on the bench now.  Trying to make up the backlog a little.  Twenty-one months straight with some kind of backlog.  It boggles me.
Thanks so much to everyone........

Tsunami

No comments:

Post a Comment